It seems an age since I have posted anything on the blog so I thought today would have to be the day that I shared my current work in progress.
Inspired by recent visits to the beach and painting fabric at our Dyeing to Paint sessions I have been working on a ocean themed wall hanging.
Eventually, there will be six panels which will fit together to make the wall hanging. below are four of them – all work in progress!
I have used my hand dyed fabrics for the backgrounds and tried out various techniques:
– free machine embroidery on soluble fabric for the lobster pot
– printing on fabric for the sandwich board
– handmade stencils to paint the lobster and jelly fish
– foiling to embellish the jelly fish
– xpandaprint for the waves
– ice-dyeing and sun-dyeing to colour the fabrics
the last two panels will hopefully be posted soon so watch this space!