Inspired by the indigo bath experimentation and as the sun was shining I decided to play around with dyeing some fabrics in the garden.
I used the polystyrene balls again to see what effect I could achieve with fabric paints. I painted this sample red as I have an idea for making Christmas cards similar to the abstract fabric ones I made last year
I then used bull dog clips to concertina the fabric which was then painted green and left in the sun. The colour isn’t strong but it has given and interesting stripe design to the fabric.
I painted a piece of fabric orange, scrunched it up in the tray and left it to dry – close to another piece of fabric – hence the tinge of green!
I plan to use the orange and green colours on an autumnal theme that I have in mind.
And finally, I used bubble wrap over painted fabric, which wasn’t as effective as previously so I will be overdyeing that piece of fabric!